Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Dad

10 Things You Should Never Bring up With My Dad Unless You Have an Hour to Spare:

I have seen and heard some very unfortunate people who came over to our house make the mistake of bringing up any of these topics.  He wouldn't even get through one, usually.  So unless you have a couple hours, NEVER bring up any of these topics.
  • Fishing/fishing stories
  • Sports or Outdoor Equipment
  • Why we moved here/ his job
  • His raft
  • His tires
  • His canoe
  • Politics or anything bad about Obama
  • Anything to contradict him
  • Outdoor adventures
  • Wild animals he's seen
 5 Things to Make Him Quickly Change the Subject: 

Some quick time savers:
  •  Getting a new pet
  • Him buying something for you
  • Anything about waking up early
  • Spending large amounts of to go on a trip or something (I don't know how Mexico came to be)
  • Letting Aspen off leash when your outdoors somewhere (he's paranoid that she'll run away)

Yep, that's my dad.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Sierra - you nailed it! This is probably the funniest post I have ever read. You are one talented (and perceptive) little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so perfect! I am laughing so hard. I think my favorite one is 'Anything that contradicts him.' That sums it up! I have realized that many a time. Even if he isn't right, he is so good at debating that the right party might come away agreeing with him (or at least very frustrated)! :)

    Man, I love my brother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh!!! Nathan and I are here laughing our heads off!!! Brilliant Sierra!!! Can't wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I get an Amen?!! You are so cute Sierra! I love this post. Make sure everyone that comes over reads this. :)

    ReplyDelete